Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm a beginner quilter!

For years and years I've wanted to learn quilting, especially free motion quilting.  I don't count what we learned in Home Textiles at High School..... a semesters worth of knowledge and honestly, I think it washed over me like water off a ducks back.  But, with continual inspiration from fellow bloggers including Retro Mummy's gorgeous quilts and Pinterest... I finally decided to take a more serious dive into the world of quilting. 

Here is my first effort.... it's a little rough and I'm still finding my groove but with practice, I'll get there.

This is a little quilt for Sophia's dolly.  I just need to trim and bind (which I'm not looking forward to but I'm not going to stress just yet).

If you sit riiiiight back in your chair to look..... it doesn't look half bad but of course, open to constructive criticisms.

Well, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment